So it's December, the end of another year...which causes some to look earnestly to the next with big dreams of accomplishing those things that they never quite got around to in 2007. But as I reflect upon my year, a smile spans across my face and a feeling of complete, total bliss floods my heart...this year brought me so many blessings - Olivia, of course, being a huge, wonderful miracle in and of herself...but this year also brought me, as a wife, a deeper understanding of what truly makes the bond of marriage strong and a family unit able to work in unison. I would have fallen flat on my face when we brought O home - yes, I'll admit (and those of you who know me well know it is under my breath!) that I don't know how to do everything - had it not been for Daniel's calm, steady, warm hand reaching out and helping me every step of the way, regardless of the hour of day or night. HE is such a driving force in my life; he truly is "my rock," for he keeps me grounded, he's strong, and he's unbreakable in his love and devotion to (all four of - ha, ha) his girls. I'm sure he'll probably be "mad" that I made public such a sappy, lovey dovey post for all the blogging world to see, but sometimes I just don't think that the "I love you" at the end of the night before we pass out from working/parenting/living life to the fullest exhaustion does justice to what I feel within my heart for him. So, as I close this entry ("FINALLY!," Daniel is thinking aloud), I want to share my resolution for 2008: To thank God daily for just the little scar on my hand and for giving me the gift of time to spend loving, adoring, and cherishing my two greatest blessings.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Not from the usual "we;" a note just from E
Posted by the elgan family at 10:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment