So...the initial plan for today had been going out to Rancho Palos Verdes to celebrate the joys of fatherhood with Daniel's side of the family...but after this past week of sickness, we had to scratch that plan. However, we still felt the need to emerge from our little germ-infested home where we have been camped out with glass upon glass of orange juice and Kleenex shoved up our nostrils (okay, so that is just me - a little trick my dad taught me) for the past few days. Since it was a day for Daddy, Daniel's love of the mountains lead us up to Lake Arrowhead. The coincidental thing is that we found ourselves there last year on Father's Day...when little Miss O was only 3 months old...my how she has grown! We ate some lunch, shopped the Village, rode the carousel, and fed the ducks...it was a lovely afternoon with my two most favorite people.
I must say, Olivia is one very lucky little girl to be able to call Daniel "Dada." And that is TOTALLY an unbiased opinion.
He's everything every little girl needs of a father...a loving protector that will not create the path for her, but will prepare her for and support her during each step of the way.
Pre-ride...she was little unsure of the whole thing! But I think she thought the horses were pretty...but perhaps wondered why they were so stiff!
And when it started...she really didn't know what to think! That's when she needed a look to Daddy for some support!
And when it was all over...I think she was thinking, "Now Daddy, can I keep her? Please?"
Our afternoon commenced with feeding the ducks...we got two bags of free food from the nice old man that runs the fair rides. I highly suggest you pay him and his business a visit if you venture to this neck of the woods (literally), especially if you have one dollar bills floating around in your wallet.
Arms outstretched, she flung those little pellets as far as they would go...
and attempted to communicate with the "duckies!" Afterall, if the ones in the bathtub can talk to her, what were these ones excuses?
We're happy to say that she did not fret when the bags ran out...she managed to find some more food! How resourceful!
Happy Father's Day to the most deserving, giving, selfless Daddy I know...you are our gift every day!
I love you, Danny...more than words...xoxoxox



0 comments:
Post a Comment