Sunday, January 11, 2009

Olivia's first snowman

Here he is!  Scroll down for his story...
It all began on a wintery, white December day, when we drove to Ama's house for some snowy fun!  Olivia had never experienced the snow, and was able to do so from the comforts of Ama's backyard, where a ton of snow still remained days after it had fallen.

At first, she wasn't really fond of it, but after snowman building began, I think it began to grow on her!
Here they are, Daddy and Olivia, rolling together Frosty's body...
and perfecting his form with a shovel!
Daddy added some dead palm tree fronds initially as arms, but O just did not like them, so...
Daddy set off for new and improved appendages!
After adding some new arms, their creative focus went to the blank slate of a face...
and the planter seemed like a good place to poke around in for some eyeballs!
Finally, everything began falling into place, or more like was carefully being placed!
Almost done, they needed just one more thing to complete Frosty's look...
and "WALLAH!"  With the addition of Ama's scarf, they had themselves a snowman!
Oh, how I love my two snow angels! 

1 comments:

CG said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE TO LOOK AT THOSE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES, LISTENING TO THAT SELECTION OF MUSIC. IT'S NOT NICE TO MAKE GIGI CRY! REALLY TOUCHED ME, AND I THINK YOU ARE SUCH A SWEET, LOVING FAMILY. I LOVE YOU, MY ANGELS. GIGI