Let us begin with this...
Big surprise, huh?! I never fail to become an emotional wreck when it comes to her firsts! And sometimes seconds... and thirds... and fourths, LOL! The first snip was hard, leaving a huge lump in my throat as it reinforced the fact that she is growing up right before our eyes. However, the tears quickly passed (as I knew they wouldn't be calming for her), but we'll always have a visual to remember them by! Honestly, I am glad Daniel captured this moment (in between his laughing "Oh my goshes" and "I can't believe you're really crying"); contradictory to the sentiment depicted in it, this photo actually makes me smile!
Now, on to the best part... the story of Miss Olivia's first haircut...
For months, we had really been wrestling with the idea of cutting her hair. Finally, last Friday night, we decided the time had come. The setting was perfect; Olivia was comfortable in the hands of one of our favorite neighbors, Lisa, who spent many years working in a hair salon in Lake Arrowhead. Now "retired" from the salon world, Lisa still occasionally cuts hair for family and friends, so we couldn't have asked for a better situation for the big moment. Thanks again, Lisa!
Here's Lisa, doing an initial assessment of Olivia's many layers...
while O herself was still a bit unsure about the whole thing!
After a few minutes with Mama at her side (and not weeping!), Barney on the t.v., Daddy snapping pictures, and Matt supplying the juice,
she became more at ease and fell straight into "spa" mode!
Now we all know that the hand holding was really more to comfort Mama!
Lisa added some final touches...
and before we knew it, Olivia had a brand new style all her own!
Once Lisa was finished perfecting Olivia's hair, there were hugs,
some fluffing of the new 'do,
and one adorable smile!



1 comments:
BRAVE is all I can say! I completely understand the tears. I seem to have gone through this same experience a few months back. Crazy how almost 2 years have passed since I received the famous "I beat you" phone call. It has been so much fun having our little girls growing up together. Thanks for sharing such cute, sentimental photos with your blogging public. Keep them coming.
Post a Comment