Sunday, December 9, 2007

Face to face with Mr. C...

The Saturday morning drizzles were no deterrent; meeting St. Nick was a must! When we arrived at Santa's makeshift village in our neighborhood clubhouse, Olivia scoffed at the crying children, hiding on the wall behind their mommies and daddies, afraid to approach the jolly bearded one. She made her way, without a fuss we must add, to Santa's lap...and then made herself quite comfortable as she tried to figure out who this strange man was.

Had she been able to speak, she would have told him her life story. It would have been a short little ditty, but entertaining nevertheless! We were so proud of our girl, brave little munchkin that she is.

3 comments:

The Trujillo Family said...

What a cutie patutie! Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus... right to LIttle Miss O's home! Aren't the holidays fun with little ones!

~gina lee said...

wow. She did great... I cant even get my kids to go near the jolly guy...
Madeleine just likes him when he comes down the chimney when she is sound asleep...she likes the perks.. and Ryder. Well... He is ok when Santa keeps his distance... Thanks for sharing...
~G

the elgan family said...

Well, she is only 9 months old...next year will be the real adventure, when she's got a little more comprehension going on ("You want me to what? Sit on the lap of this old man I don't know? I don't think so! And exactly why are you making me do this? Can I please get rid of this hat now?")...she is so funny. I have a feeling that most kids are just like Madeleine and Ryder - love the sparkly, beautifully wrapped gifts, but keep me as far away as possible from that bearded man! LOL!