So, being that Emily originally hails from San Diego county, sometimes she feels a bit landlocked in the good old "IE" she now calls home. Not that she was a big surfer chick or anything, but she just always enjoyed the fact that regardless of where you happened to be at any given time in San Diego county, the ocean was about 30 minutes away. Which brings us to this past Saturday; with an itch to smell the ocean air, we decided to take O to visit Grandma and Grandpa and spend the afternoon on the coast. With the weather being nice enough to be outdoors, we asked ourselves why not take advantage of one of the many diverse landscapes California has to offer. Well, after a jaunt through the Encinitas "Seaside Bazaar" and some shopping on PCH, we headed down to Moonlight Beach to let Olivia touch her toes to beach sand for the first time......AND......she hated it! She was absolutely terrified, shaking when we attempted to put her down, crying hysterically, and clenching tightly into Daniel's arm because she did not want to have anything to do with this loud, scary place. So we left...and went to eat pizza. We'll let it grow on her. :)
Sunday, March 30, 2008
From "IE" to "Shining Sea..."
Posted by the elgan family at 9:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Poor little "O!" But even when crying, she is precious! It was a wonderful day, and we enjoyed being with our kiddos SO MUCH~!! Emi, love the hat!!!!! Grandma Keeks sure does love her little "grand-angel!!" xxxoooxxxooo
Oh that face is just too sad!!! I am crying too...because I'm jealous the beach is still within driving distance for you guys!!! I MISS IT!!! Emily, you look awesome! And O- she is just too cute. I know I know, I say it over and over, but she really is. Maybe when she's older Weston can take her to the beach and she'll love it. (It is his FAV. place when we go to San Diego!)haha. Love you guys!
"o" no.... she will love it in time..
#3 picture is priceless.
No matter where she is, look how safe she feels in daddy's arms.. Love it.
~G
What a cutie pie, even when she is crying. I love the hat, but where is your purse? Just wondering? LOL
I know - the pictures are so sad, but you can't but help smile when you see them!!!
Mom, we had a great day with you...glad you could experience her first beach trip with us! Maybe in the future it won't be so upsetting and I will not be wearing heels and looking like those people walking up the hill...LOL.
Nicole, when we saw your beach post, that's what initially gave me the itch to emerge from our inland home and get coastal! So thanks for giving me the idea...now Olivia may not be thanking you...next time you can come out we should take the kids together! Maybe if O sees West being okay, she'll follow in his footsteps!!! And in terms of looking awesome, thanks! I feel a little hippy-er since my child bearing (LOL), but hey, it's just more of me for Daniel to love! HA!!!!!
And Gina, love the pun on O's name...it's so catchy to say! I love the pics. with Daniel that we took...there is a really cute full length one of them looking down at the tide...but yeah, once she got up in those arms there was no putting her down. I'll see you for some pavement pounding next week!!!
- E
AND JESSICA TRUJILLO, YOU MAKE ME LAUGH. It is in the first picture, you great big turkey. You know I love you. What would this world be like without my partner in crime?!
- E
Oh, well, it was covered by a jacket, so I must have missed it. Thank goodness, you have your most valuable possession with you! (I'm talking about "O", not the purse! Oh wait, "O" isn't a possession, so maybe it is the purse! LOL) See you tomorrow in Australia, and maybe I'll have some Easter pics for you to look at of Aislyn!
Post a Comment