So with Daddy out of town in New Mexico Friday and Saturday, the girls were home alone! But you know the old saying, “When the cat’s away, the mice will play!” After a girls’ night in, we did some “playing” and hit our favorite closest-to-home shopping center Saturday morning. O got some new jammies, Daddy got some new polos for work (he was soooooo thrilled), O got some very cool new books, and Mommy got to wander through Target…and buy Olivia some more clothes (go figure)! Saturday evening brought Daddy home (yay)…just in time for the first pool party Olivia ever hosted! The three of us awoke to a beautiful day on Sunday, so we went out and bought Olivia a cool (literally) little pool! After naptime and yard work (thanks, Daddy! You have such a green thumb!), Olivia suited up and had some fun in the sun! Her “guests” (both the two-legged parental kind and those that came with four legs) sure did enjoy themselves, too!

After some initial tears, somebody started to enjoy herself!


Once she discovered the slide, it was all over...there was no keeping her off!


She loved the jingling flower attachment...

and just when we thought pool time was over, one little water baby was caught pondering the possibility...

of climbing in just one more time! And that she did!

Mama and Olivia frolicking in the pool...

and then catching some rays "poolside!"


Meanwhile...

the dogs were in "chewie" heaven...what pool???



7 comments:
Summer fun already. Wasn't the weather wonderful? I just love the pictures of your little water baby in her perfect sized pool! I can see lots of fun for you two this summer. Maybe Aislyn will have to come down and enjoy the slide too!
We got a very, very little pool for our little boy and he took the plunge last weekend too! It was after a long, hot birthday celebration in the park. Click here to see a pic: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee10/corn3175/041008063_C.jpg
Perhaps Olivia will have to invite all of her little friends for a real pool party sometime this summer! :) I'm sure Aislyn and Colton would be great company! What do you guys think?! :)
I am in for a pool party... my toes and all...HA!
Okay, so the guest list is...Aislyn, Colton, Madeleine, and Ryder...and Gina's toes...LOL! Would anyone else's toes like to join in??? Date: TBA...some time in the summertime...we'll have a summer bash during which the kids can splash! (I AM SUCH A NERD!)
- E
That sounds fabulous!!! I'm sure it can get pretty toasty in the IE:)
Let me know when the pool party is...maybe we'll drop in. haha I WISH! Our summer keeps getting interrupted by rain. UG!!
Where did you get the pool?? I am looking for one for West and yours looks so FUN!!
Post a Comment