Monday, June 23, 2008

Shots from Santa Barbara

Okay, so I've gotten a bit out of chronological order (which, I must say, is highly un-Emily...I blame the Paso Robles heat, lol)...but here are a few pictures of our playtime at a Santa Barbara park on Friday afternoon on our way up to Paso Robles.  After a lull in our freeway speed due to a higher volume of traffic in the area, someone woke up from her nap and needed out of her car seat ASAP...so we found a very cool little park with ponds, ducks, a playground, shade trees, and a...drum roll, please...CAROUSEL right across from the blue Pacific.  It was a lovely way to stretch our legs and get some smiles in!

Olivia and me, going down a slide...


Her newest word is "again," and she uses it quite often!
  Here we are, on our way to the slide "again!"


To eat or not to eat, that is the question (with most things)...


I LOVE this photo...a whimsical shot of Olivia, with a salty ocean breeze blowing through her little baby tresses, taken by Daniel...


The carousel was established the year I graduated high school...wow, that dates me!  One cool thing I loved about the Santa Barbara "look" was all the Spanish-style wrought iron detail...would love to go back sometime and explore more!  With all of us being sick lately, we cancelled our mini-vacay up the coast, so it has been put on our list of places to go one day...


A photo of the entire fam. (yes, I am in the picture, short one that I am), taken by a nice random lady...


And after some tears as we parted from the Carousel (she LOVES riding the horses), we headed back to our car and ventured onward!

0 comments: