Last year, we had annual passes to Sea World (thanks again, Papa and Gigi!), but this year, we wanted to get a yearlong pass to one of Emily's most favorite, magical places from her childhood! On Friday, January 2, we embarked on a new adventure for 2009, and went to the Wild Animal Park, where we exposed Olivia to all its beauty and wonder for the first time!
After first saying hello to the gorillas, we headed to "Lorikeet Landing."
Here, Daniel was nothing short of an outstanding "bird whisperer!"
We then chose to stroll out into "The Heart of Africa.." and jump on some rocks along the way!
When we arrived out at the lagoon, the flamingoes were, according to Olivia, "STINKY!"
The lion was sleeping...
and Olivia wanted to get as close of a look as possible!
We spotted a baby elephant with it's mama... and one proud Daddy with his little cub!
What a visit to the African tundra (without ever leaving California)!
Next, we got a hands-on opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the animals in the petting zoo...
where our gentle little animal-lover blew kisses to the deer!
We ended the day with the carousel; as I waited with the stroller for them to rush from line to their animal, I just somehow knew that Daniel would choose the little hummingbird. After all, hummingbirds are beautiful, dainty, and pack a punch going ninety miles an hour, much like our toddler daughter these days! But after trying it out, O was like the princess and the pea, and wanted to try out as many animals as possible before the ride began!
Off the hummingbird she went, in search of the most perfect carousel animal! It was hilarious!
Her first choice was a prancing zebra...
immediately followed by some kind of wild, leaping, striped deer!
Finally, she found the winner... and just in time!
Without any further ado (but WITH a very thankful wave from Daddy),
they were off on a spinning, fantastic, musical adventure!
What a ride, what a smile, and what a wonderful day!



4 comments:
how fun... love all the updates... :)
G.
OKAY! After all the nagging, harassing and some may say encouraging, I've finally updated. I'd like to say thank you to Kevin Costner, Ice Man, and my dear Elganator. Enjoy.
Whoops! I apologize, I meant Maverick, not Ice Man. You're more of a smooth talker anyway. :)
Oh I love this place!!! When we make it out there again we should do go with our kiddos! Miss O is getting even cuter and cuter, if that's possible. You guys look like you have so much fun!!
Post a Comment