Wednesday, December 26, 2007

And before we turn off those multi-colored lights...

A huge congrats to Daniel for winning "runner-up" in our HOA's holiday house lighting contest! He came in second specifically in the "character" portion of the contest...and with his mind already whirling with visions of sugar plums and next year's yard scene (which is top secret of course), he simply says, "IT'S ON!" We will give props to the winners, though, who happen to be our way cool neighbors two doors down! Let the friendly, comical banter begin...oh, heaven help the two yards and rooftops next December when Daniel and our neighbor Matt hash it out...LOL! Congrats, guys!

6 comments:

~gina lee said...

I hear you Emily... Boy, Do I hear you...
Daniel, Congrats on the runner up.
~G

the elgan family said...

Sometimes I feel like that National Lampoon movie (but thankfully on a much smaller scale) - I'm sure you can totally relate!!!

Jacquie said...

Awesome! Way to go! I thought we were going to Italy next year? Oh yeah, you just wanted a cookbook.

the elgan family said...

Oh, Italy...Emily says with a sigh. :) We'll live vicariously through you...and if that is true, your itinerary will consist of Capri, Tuscany, maybe Rome, and then Capri again...and oh, the food - one can only imagine...

Unknown said...

Dan E L,
Congratulations on the house lights decorations.. Looks like first place to me!

~gina lee said...

hello, anybody home???? where are you guys???? Give us more...
ha!
~G